Pauls Elective

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lighthouse and Avalon

After taking in the sights of the Pacific coastline up near the lighthouse, i made my way back town to the beaches and with the intention of heading towards a small popular town called Avalon.

One of the problems of travelling on your own is that its difficult to get yourself into pictures, without having to ask strangers all the time if they will take one of you. There is two problems with asking other people to take pics for you. 1. they may nick your camera 2. they usually make a mug of the shot.

I faced this dilemma on the way back down from the lighthouse. I climbed up a small ledge to get a good vantage point, but when i got up there there was nothing but me and a few trees. So i enlisted a tree to help me take a photo and ingeniously wedged the camera between a rock and a hard place.


On the way i stopped to watch a seaplane take off in the Pittwater bay area (thought he wasn't gonna make it at one point!), and i strolled through the park looking in tha tree canopies at all the wild parrots and parakeets (unbelieveable for someone who has only ever seen them at Pets at Home!!).


I jumped on a bus that took me to Avalon, apparently a place where lots of people with money like to shop. To me it was a nice town, with some nice cars, and a Subway sandwich place :)


I took a look over at Avalon bay, it was getting a bit rough and although there wasn't anyone swimming in the public enclosed baths, there were plenty of sufers getting 'wiped out!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home