Pauls Elective

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Home and Away - Summer Bay

I was told by the locals to head up to the Northern Beaches and check out Palm Beach. Being a trusting kinda fella, i did just that! It took about 2 hours on a bus, but it was well worth the wait. Passing by lots of very expensive properties, such as Nicole Kidmans house and Russel Crowes places, i eventually arrived at Palm Beach. I thought there was something vaugely familiar about this beach, i couldn't quite put my finger on it, nevertheless i headed off to the rockpools to see what i could find (turns out that this is actually the beach used in the popular Ozzie drama 'Home and Away!' - aka Summer Bay!).



Ignoring the "We are here" sign this is where i went to (Palm Beach, not North Narrabeen).



The life in the rockpools was amazing, I saw some small puffer fish, loads of turbo snails and other inverts including a tiny mithrax crab.



I decided to take a walk along the beach and climb upto the lighthouse (you can see it in the below picture). I took a smugglers route to the top and the views and the weather were/was stunning (see photobucket image album).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home